Welcome to Down East Gallery!
Down East Gallery is a 3,000 square foot contemporary fine art and sculpture gallery in Edgecomb, Maine, located at the gateway to the Boothbay Region. The gallery features over 150 maritime and local landscape paintings by award-winning artist Brad Betts, as well as original sculptures and more by Maine’s finest makers.
The 1906 farmhouse was converted into a gallery in 2017 and now offers two floors and 8 rooms filled with fine art. The 1904 post & beam barn displays a curated collection of sculpture, tapestries, marine folk art, pottery, glassware, wood kitchen wares, and mixed media art. We invite you to stroll the gardens to enjoy the outdoor sculptural works, walk the trails throughout the property’s 35 acres of meadows, woods and marsh, or attend one of our art, film or music events.
Paintings by Brad Betts
Award-winning artist Brad Betts creates paintings that reflect his life-long appreciation of the sea. The classic Betts oil is a summer day in Maine – blue skies, billowing sails, and shimmering seas.
Down East Gallery is pleased to include a curated collection of indoor and outdoor sculptures by Maine artists. Featuring hand-crafted works in wood, metal and stone, along with glass sculptures and nautical folk art.
The compositions of Priscilla May Alden’s tapestries are inspired by the power, rhythm, colors and beauty of the rugged coast of Maine, and the weaving traditions of the American southwest.
Each year, we offer an ever-changing variety of hand-crafted goods for the home by Maine’s finest makers. Browse our diverse collection of pillows, wood cutting boards, hand-carved serving wares and pottery.
To kick off our first exhibition of the season, “Cottage Gardens”, all flower paintings are on sale - 20% off (or more!) - from June 4 to the last day of Spring (June 20, 2019).
Click the link to visit our Available Paintings page and look for the SALE flag on selected paintings.
“In December 2016, we purchased the old Hutchins dairy farm. The barn was built in 1904, the farmhouse completed in 1906. Beginning in January 2017, we began a 6-month renovation to turn the gutted farmhouse into our dream: a gallery to celebrate the art of Maine’s finest makers.”